点击：4431 发布者：Archasm 日期：2016-05-19
RIO OLYMPICS 2016
archasm invites architects, students, engineers, designers, artists and philosophers to send in their entries for our competition
· Idea based competition
· Single stage competition
· Team of maximum three members
· No professional qualification necessary for eligibility
· Teams can be interdisciplinary
The biggest sporting showdown of the world, Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games 2016, will commence in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil from August 5. Around 10,000 participants from 204 nations are expected to descend in Brazil, unleashing fierce competition and rivalries.
It is going to be a make or break event for the city of Rio de Janeiro, which has got the privilege of being the first South American city ever to host the Olympics games. It is estimated that around half a million fans and supporters are expected to grace the event in Rio, making it hard for the city officials to control the proceedings.
Olympics have always been a backdrop of raw emotions, intense rivalries, passion and sportsmanship between individuals. The games are a total fan fiesta, where supporters from all over the world converge together and celebrate the spirit and motto of the games. A number of supporters miss out on some of the marquee events due to multiple games at a time, limited tickets, sell outs or other reasons that tend to hamper their experience of the games.
The aim of this competition is to design a 'SUSTAINABLE FANBOX', a new typological structure and mascot for the games that would be the prime interaction and gathering zone for the spectators during the Rio Olympics 2016. The competition seeks to recreate the atmosphere of a stadium in a freestanding and temporary structure where fans who miss out on the live experience could connect with the Olympic games virtually. The FAN-BOX should communicate a sustainable and profound architectural statement being able to attract and converge visitors around it for intense 24X7 experience of the Rio games.
The site for the SUSTAINABLE FANBOX is the Copacabana beach in Rio De Janeiro.
The competition encourages the participants' to envelop and integrate all the diverse functions into one distinct and innovative structure, for a 24x7 inclusive environment and enhanced experience of fans and spectators.
The main focus of the FAN-BOX except its functional provisions should be to reflect on the true connection of sustainability and architecture. The FAN-BOX should seek to become a tool for critical thinking on the topic of sustainability as a holistic approach rather than just a substitute for architectural expression and cosmetic application. The project must engage with and challenge the public, to raise social consciousness on alternative approaches to environmental challenges, local as well as global, giving the fans, spectators and general public outside the realm of the Olympics a fresh perspective on the opportunities and interpretations of true sustainability.
· Start of Competition and Early Registration: 1st June 2016
· Early Registration ends: 31st July 2016
· Standard Registration starts: 1st August 2016
· Deadline for Questions: 10th August 2016
· Standard Registration ends: 30th August 2016
· Closing day for Submissions 31st August 2016
· Announcement of Winners: 26th September 2016
*Note: All deadlines are 11:59 pm - 00:00 IST (India).
Winning participants will receive prizes totalling INR 2,00,000 with the distribution as follows:
First prize- INR 1,00,000/- + Certificate
Second prize- INR 60,000/- + Certificate
Third prize- INR 40,000/- + Certificate
10 Honorable mentions
Winners and honorable mentions will be published on archasm’s website and several international architecture magazines and websites partnered by us.
From 1st June to 31st July 2016
· For Indian nationals- INR 1500 (per team)
· For Foreign nationals- EUR 60 (per team)
From 1st August to 30th August 2016
· For Indian nationals- INR 1800 (per team)
· For Foreign nationals- EUR 80 (per team)
Entrants may register by filling the registration form and submitting it with the appropriate payment through our secure gateway on our website www.archasm.in
Group discounts apply for a minimum of 5 teams from one particular architecture school/university as our initiative to promote more participation from students.
Send us the following details at email@example.com to avail the offer.
· Names of all the participating teams members and their respective team leaders.
· Name of the university.
· School ID proofs of the team leaders.
It will not be possible to amend or update any information relating to your registration including the names of team members once validated.
· Participant teams will be disqualified if any of the competition rules or submission requirements are not considered. Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
· Team code is the only means of identification of a team as it is an anonymous competition.
· The official language of the competition is English.
· The registration fee is non-refundable.
· Contacting the Jury is prohibited.
· archasm as the competition organizer, reserves the right to modify the competition schedule if deemed necessary.
Terms and Conditions
Please see the terms and conditions section on www.archasm.in.
Competition project disclaimer
This is an open international competition hosted by archasm to generate progressive design ideas. There are no plans for the Rio Fanbox to be built. The competition is organized for education purpose only.